Imagine yourself majoring in history in a department:
- With world-class faculty studying diverse peoples, ideas, and cultures from around the globe and across the ages
- Whose professors are widely recognized as among the best teachers in the university
- Where nearly forty percent of the faculty (20 of 48) have won Association of Former Students Distinguished Teaching Awards or other prestigious classroom honors
- Where professors—not temporary instructors or graduate students—teach the vast majority of all undergraduate courses (over 90 percent in most semesters)
- Where students take two writing-intensive research seminars with just 15 or fewer classmates
- Where students choose from a wide variety of elective courses that explore the vast diversity of the human experience through time
- Where successful and highly motivated students have the opportunity to participate in Honors programs that challenge their interests and abilities
- Where students have the opportunity to present their own research at the annual History Student Conference
- Where funding is awarded on a competitive basis for students to travel to archives to conduct research or to professional conferences to deliver papers
- Whose professors are devoted to developing students’ critical thinking, writing, reading, and speaking skills
- Whose graduates have gone to leading law schools, medical schools, and Ph.D. programs, and have landed other jobs in business management, government service, education, and public relations.
Imagine yourself majoring in history at Texas A&M University!
If you have questions about our program, please contact our undergraduate advisor, Mrs. Robyn Konrad, firstname.lastname@example.org.